If you’re anything like me, the multiple daily birthday posts we’re supposed to give to our friends on social media gets old. I run out of things to say and Happy Birthday gets a bit redundant. It’s nothing personal towards my friends, I just feel lame saying the same thing over and over!
So, I thought I’d take some time to share ideas on how we can all celebrate one another a bit more genuinely and thoughtfully on social media.
*Now depending on the age, gender, and interests of the birthday gal/guy some of these ideas just may not fit. Select idea accordingly!*
- Pull old photos of the birthday gal/guy … and create a post around it
- Use a .gifs and just make a fun post
- Facebook or Instagram live video giving a Happy Birthday
- Put together a short Animoto video
- Create a Happy Birthday video with an iPhone
- Favorite page admins to post a birthday wish for the birthday boy/girl on their page
- Post a birthday quote – http://www.happybirthday.quotesms.com
- Send a Snapchat singing happy birthday in your best Elvis Presley (insert other animated celebrity voice here)
- Send a private message (or post) with a favorite memory
- Write a short haiku about birthday gal/guy and share it with the world
- Write a flattering comment on your favorite pictures of birthday gal/guy
- Take a goofy picture and turn it into your own homemade meme
- Take a video of your kids singing happy birthday – what can be cuter than a 2 year stuttering throughout the song
- Place a sign reading Happy Birthday next to your pets, take a picture, and post!
- If you write a standard Happy Birthday post – be sure add something personal you admire about that person (and if you don’t really like anything about that person, perhaps you shouldn’t be wishing them a happy birthday in the first place!)
- Everyone shares a birthday with someone famous. Pick a celebrity/politician/etc. that shares that birthday and humorously inform birthday guy/gay that even though they share a birthday with celebrity X, they are still more important
- Create a Snapchat or Facebook story with all the things you like/love about birthday gal/guy